Monday, January 07, 2008

Is it bad...

...that I'm starting to get sick and I don't really care. I have a runny nose, lots of sinus pressure, a small cough, and a never ending headache. And all I can think about is that if I get sick enough, then I can (legitimately) call out sick from work for a few days this week. Apparently I hate my job SO much that I rather be sick and at home, then well and at work.

I've decided that my word for 2008 is going to be:

FINISH

I love to start projects, scrap pages, blog entries, marathon training, healthy eating plans, mini books (you get the point) and then I never FINISH what I started. I've had this problem all my life. And I have to stop blaming it on my severe A.D.D. This year, my motto will be "don't start it, if you can't finish it."

On that note. This blog entry is finished.

13 comments:

Oscar M. said...

I think I will steal this resolution. I'm a serial starter, then I get bored/distracted/close enough, and never completely finish projects I start.

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Oh, no! Feel better soon. I started my year feeling very, very creappy.

I have to say again, how much I LOVED your quilt.

Tina said...

sounds like you've caught my sickness girl. great excuse to stay home, really.....rest is the best medicine.

love your work. maybe I have a.d.d. too. There's a ton of half done things in my home. I just get bored too quickly and I'm ready to move on to the next big thing.

Vee said...

i must admit I do the samething at times, i hope you feel better. wait but then you would have to go to work so...
lol, xo

Marc said...

((Hug))

michelle raMirez said...

finish is a great word for the year.
finish being sick now huh?
only if it were that easy right?
love the quilt too.
beautiful!

Unknown said...

Fabulous word choice!!!

I might have to use it next year-this year I am on FOCUS-on the here & now, on the little things, on the positive, on the end result, etc.

Kristi Prokopiak said...

dude, me too! except i never used to be this way. suffice to say i haven't touched ANYTHING lately b/c I know i'll just wander away from it and then get pissy with myself. grrr.

i am sick. if you stay home sick call me and we can wease and hack and drivel together.

Anonymous said...

You inspired my brother to make a resolution!! :) I hope you are feeling better, your quilt looks AWESOME. I haven't done any scrapping yet but I will start I promise. I tend to start things and not finish them as well. I have a 1/4 of a puzzle completed I started 2 weeks ago. At this pace I'll finish it when the baby goes off to elementary school. :)

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

I hope you feel better, or not if you want to stay home LOL! I'm digging your word.

quietly going mad... said...

I have this yuck too it must be going around! I hope you feel better. No better excuse then an actually true one to stay home! Hope you feel better!

miss morgan... said...

no way! you work hard, and you could be done-zo soon! what's bad is me trying to decide if i'm going to fake ill or genuinly ask off tommorow or saturday so that i can go to philly to get my hair cut. haha.

Anonymous said...

we must have mental telepathy! my dry erase board says FINISH what you start; don't start what you can't FINISH.