Thursday, January 03, 2008

FINALLLLYYY!!

I FINALLY finished my quilt. And I made it just in time to win the bet. The last two days I spent on this thing were brutal....but it was totally worth it. My mom was incredibly impressed, my sister said it wasn't "grandma" like most quilts (haha), and Matt thought it looked professionally made. I was so happy THEY liked it because it is their opinions I value the most. Even my boy Louie loved it:

And FINALLY...I posted the rad banner that Stacey made me. I've been meaning to post it since November..... But no computer meant I had no editing software, which meant, I had no way to shrink it to size, which meant I couldn't post it.... UNTIL NOW!! So whooo hooo to FINALLY having a cool ass banner, courtesy of one the sweetest girls I know.
Off to watch last night's DVRed epi of Gossip Girl.

19 comments:

Marc said...

very nice quilt! id use it for a nap.

staceyfike said...

that quilt is A-friggin-MAZING!! you're so so good!!
the colors are so on spot!!

and i'm so glad you like your banner :)

Leah said...

wow - what an absolutely gorgeous quilt!!

quietly going mad... said...

Your quilt is so awesome, I am speechless!!! I am so glad everyone loves it and Louie too!!!

Vee said...

your quilt looks awesome, love love the colors! :) gg was good right?! :)

Unknown said...

LOVE THE QUILT! hehe ON Louie.. looks like home to me ;)

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

gORGEOUSNESS! Do you machine quilt it after you sew the pieces together? Thanks for your sweet words about my kitty :)
I just got my hubby hooked on GG--so funny when he starts asking questions about the characters. After Wed episode, he comes out with "Chuck is sooo money!" LOL

Tina said...

cool banner! love the cork background. and you quilt is amazing! what a great accomplishment. how big is it?

renee said...

love the colors on the quilt...very cool!

china59 said...

This is most certainly not grandma-ish ! And the kitty pic is priceless !

Lori said...

WOW, you go girl!!!! Your quilt is gorgeous!!!

Happy Friday!!

ali mclaughlin said...

Thats so pretty Natalie! Love the colors and patterns.

Colleen said...

DUDE
that thing is freakin awesome!!! congrats on finishing!

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

oh my gosh oh my gosh....GORGEOUS!!!
STUNNING!!!
YOU ARE AWESOME!

Jennifer said...

You're quilt looks gorgeous! Congratulations! It really does look professionally made!

Anne Thompson said...

Luuuuving the quilt! So not grandma :) The colors are awesome. I would love to make a quilt one day, but I really can't sew in a straight line! I have made aprons and boxer shorts before tho!

miss morgan... said...

dude! holy eff! i have no words for that quilt! it is gorgeous to the point of needing a new word for gorgeous!

and stacey totally hooked you up! that banner is so fun!

kristina contes said...

bring it to my house. NOW. or wait til gg comes out on dvd and then bring it to my house.

AnilĂș Magloire said...

O.M.G. It's just perfect, Nat!
You did an amazing job, girl.
Love the pattern and the fabrics are just beautiful.
WOW.
WOW.