Monday, December 31, 2007

Hello Fresh Start

I've decided to put away my sparkly party dress and uncomfortable high heels this year. I have made way for comfort, good food, fabulous friends, and simplicity. There is something so special to me about the new year. A new beginning. A fresh start. A world of possiblities. But unless I'm in Bolivia, where the cost of a crazy fun, open bar party is usually $25, I just don't get very excited for the new years festivities. I hate spending the money, not because I'm cheap (becaues unfortuanly that has never been one of my problems). But because it defeats my usual resolution of "be more responsbile with your money." So, this year I am getting together with some close friends. We will eat, drink, and be merry. We might even play some board games. And we will go to bed at a reasonable hour (unlike my usual 9am arrival time when I party in Bolivia).

So, here's to 2008. Here's to my one big resolution:

Less Talk, More Action.

May 2008 bring you love, peace, health, good friendships, and happiness.

9 comments:

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Happy New Year!! I've been on a blog holiday, but wanted to stop by and wish you a good 2008. 2007 kinda sucked for me, so it'll be a good New Years. We are staying in with snacks and games, so low key here as well.
I love your resolution :)

ali mclaughlin said...

Happy New year Natalie! We are having a quiet New Years too, I think going out is so overated anyway! See ya in 08!

Tina said...

I'm with you girl...so ready for the new year. I've been asking about everyone elses resolutions and their response is, oh, I don't believe in resolutions. I hate that. I always get so excited when the new year rolls around. Wish I was near so J and I could hang with you guys tonight!

Happy New Year Natalie!

Anilú Magloire said...

Feliz Año Nuevo!!! That sounds like a great plan to me.
Have tons of fun and may the new year bring nothing but amazing things your way!

Anonymous said...

What a great plan! We spent New Year's in - we indulged in Vanilla Ice Cream topped with melted semi-sweet Nestle chocolate chips. My husband calls them Super Sundaes and they were SUPER!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Colleen said...

Happy 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silvitanova said...

Happy new year!

Vee said...

happy new year! ;)

michelle raMirez said...

happy new year to you sweet Nat!!!