Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cutting up my Heels with A Scissor.

I've been bored at work today. Unfortunately for my Jessica Simpson pump, it took the wrath of my boredom. See title above.

Have I mentioned how I'm loving making insanely simple pages? I'm all about the fuck the bullshit and let's get to the point type pages. And I'm loving the results! Why? Well, mostly because I had this goal to fill up a KI felt album by the end of the year... and I actually think I might accomplish this at the rate I'm going.

I'm running errands after work today. I will be going to:
  • A.C. Moore. I have a 50% off coupon yo!
  • G Street Fabrics to ask them a quilt question.
  • Anthropologie, because I need a holiday dress.
  • The Mall, b/c dammit its about time I start xmas shopping.

And about Lasik....I have to be honest. I've been freaking out!!!! I already had this convo with my NYC trip ladies a few weeks ago, and we talked it out, and I sorta felt better. But seriously....I'm right back to freaking out again. The dr. dude told me that I have big pupils. Um....ok! Apparently that means I could potentially experience halos and/or foggy vision. Um....so what they're saying is, I'm going to pay them a ridiculous sum of money to see exactly how I see with contacts on. Yeah...having doubts people. Can anyone calm me down?

15 comments:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

I am loooving the no nonsense pages. I need to adopt your philosophy :)

Don't be afraid about the surgery. I know you'll do just fine!
Hugs!!!

EliseBlaha said...

i can't calm you...

but i love love love that page. good thoughts.

staceyfike said...

i am so in love with the fact that you said fuck the bullshit!
seriously.
i love you.

second, if your gut tells you to skip the lasik, skip it.
don't freak.
technology only gets better as time goes on and i happen to think that glasses are cool :)

i love the simple nat layouts by the way.

i finally sent you a card yesterday, sorry it's so late.

and p.s. back in my day, big pupils meant you'd been eating acid :)

Vee said...

ditto to Stacey about following your gut. i am a firm believer in gut feelings, :P
have a great weekend!

miss morgan... said...

i'm telling you girly, a second opinion from a doctor who says no to a lot of people is key! i'm sure it would make you feel so much better!

also, expect a holiday/cheer up package soon!

Colleen said...

maybe if you are feeling apprehensive, you should wait a bit. might be your inner voice trying to tell you something. and morgan is right...get a second opinion

renee said...

1. i LOVE your pages....very awesome
2. i understand about your grandmother, i lost mine (i was EXTREMELY close with her) a while ago and it gets better...but it takes time and now I lost the love of my life...my mom...it sucks and i don't know if i'll ever get over it.
3. i've had lasik surgery, was terrified, got through it. saw halos and double vision...it went away, and now it i think it was money well spent...you'll LOVE it. I totally felt like I was going into a gas chamber when I was getting it done but it's SOOO worth it! Don't worry, you'll be fine...just think, people have triple bipasss heart surgeries and they make it out okay...it's a simple procedure and you'll be so happy with the results...good luck

Shelly Brewer said...

Love that page...and good luck with eyes being burned off thing!!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

My hubby had it done a few years ago and it was a quick recovery and totally worth it for him (so he says). I really dig the scrap page --especially the use of the label.
Have fun shopping!

quietly going mad... said...

I am curious to see what your heal looks like! I hope I didn't make matters worse with our conversation about your lasiks. Good luck, I like the second opinion idea that Morgan had!
Love the page!

Melissa said...

first off love your pages as usual ;)

2nd my mom had lasik last year, I was more scared then she was, and it all turned out great, recovery was quick, and she would do it again..dont know if that helps at all-sending you lots of (((good vibes)))

erin said...

i'm all about gut reactions, follow yours!

Nicole Carro said...

So loving these pages - uh no help with the Lasik, Chuck is such a scaredy cat he refuses. Glad you started your shopping - we haven't!

miss morgan... said...

i miss your posts! yeah i'm a brat!

Kimberly Scott said...

i love your blog and that page. have that paper but couldn't figure out what to do without it looking like a country page. hmm anyway love yours!