Tuesday, September 04, 2007

And I got to thinking...

I am one of those weirdos who still talks to all of her ex-boyfriends. Some of them I now consider some of my closest friends. And some are just people who pop in and out of my life from time to time, whether it be an email, a phone call, a random run-in at some local DC bar.

Once upon a time I dated this boy named Adam. He was tall, skinny, and blonde. Totally not my type, but somehow it worked. He lived in Miami, I lived in VA. We did the long distance thing for quite some time. And then one day I broke his heart. I thought I'd never talk to him again. I'll cut to the chase and tell you that we're friends now. Lately, I've been emailing with him. So much has changed since I saw him 2.5 years ago. He joined the Coast Guard. He's married. He even has a little baby girl. He has changed so much. And I got to thinking...

What have I done in the last 2.5 years?

So, now I'm all pensive and what not. Totally soul searching. Trying to figure out the answer to my own question. Have I done enough?

Anyways, I did some scrapping during the fabulously long weekend. Mostly trying to finish up all my layouts for the DareJacks! 5 down, 2 to go. This is my take on the Meghan jack. Totally out of my comfort zone. And I love that I wrote out all my aggressions with work, but not loving the page overall. Oh well. At least its already tuesday! I'm out.


4 comments:

Marc said...

I don't think the real question is "have i done enough?" I mean there are people who do tons in 2.5 years and lets face it... a lot of that stuff can be pretty pointless in stupid. The real question is "what have I done?" It should be a question of quality not quantity. Some people are live every moment by the seat of your pants "go go go" type people. Then others (like myself) like to just stop and smell the roses (metaphorically speaking since I have bad allergies). You shouldn't be judge your life based on how much you do... it should be are you happy with your decisions. Ok enough of my ranting! :-D

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Love this LO and the little comments around it. I've been there before...so I hear u:)

Vee said...

i love your layout Nat!! :)
i hope you finish your darejacks and don't worry about others you are living your life, okay and you have the freedom to travel and do the things you love :)
xo

Unknown said...

Liking the layout! And I too am one of those girls that is friends with ex's, actually just had lunch with one, and we were tlaking about our current relationships. I think it says something about people who can be friends with ex's. It's good that the breakup wasn't super messy and you can still be friends. Soul searching is good too, just don't be too hard on yourself:-)