Friday, June 15, 2007

"She Raped My Head"

Get ready for a long-ass post!

So, yesterday, was the big day. The Extreme Hair Makeover Day. But before heading to the salon, Matt and I decided to have a ridiculously random photo-shoot. It was my last attempt to have fun with my long hair. I have never laughed so hard. I love our spontanous, and super stupid moments. Matt played along , because as we all know, he has long hair too. But, I will have to post those later. This post is all about me, dammit! Haha.
Every good transformation needs a before and afer picture. Here is the before:

So, I head to the salon. I'm not nervous. I'm ready to be crazy. I'm ready to do whatever my hairdresser tells me too. I was in a "you only live once" kinda mood. But first, the pony tail must come off. She cut off about 11-12 inches! Eeeek! I must say, it was a very liberating feeling.

I need to mention that my very good friend Maggi came with me. I emailed her totally last minute, and she still made time to come hold my hand through this crazy journey! I am so happy she came. She's had her hair all sorts of lenghts, all sorts of colors, and done all sorts of crazy, funky, totally different haircuts. It was inspiring to have her there with me. She told me to just relax and have fun with it and that is what I did. She seriously rocks!

Ok, I guess I'll just cut to the chase. There is no reason to show you pictures of Tina actually cutting my hair. Or the hundreds of thousands strands of hair on the floor. Or my reaction when I realized that the hair in the back of my head was about an inch long. Or when it hit me that I won't be able to make a ponytail for many more months. Tina decided to leave the hair in the front longer and make it super funky short in the back. She put auburn and blonde streaks in my hair. She looked like she was having so much fun. And I'm happy it was a fun experience for both of us. Maggi kept saying "you are meant to have short hair!" hehe. I was in the salon for 3.5 hours. I love how it turned out. I love the change. I love the transformation. I love that I had the balls to do something completely different. It was fun getting out of my comfort zone. Here is the picture from the back.

You will just have to wait and see a picture from the front! I don't want to give it all away too soon. So happy its Friday! I'm going skydiving tomorrow! This has been a big week for me. Lots of firsts. Lots of change. Lots of butterflies in my stomach. Wish me luck for tomorrow. I hope I live to tell about it. =)

10 comments:

Vee said...

love the sneak peak of your hair!!!!
your recap of this is awesome :)
can't wait to see the front because the back is hawt!!
call me!! :) :)
and I want to see a new profile pic when I get back this weekend :)
smooches :)

Unknown said...

ahh! i can't believe you did it! i can't wait to see more pics! yay nat!

staceyfike said...

dude.
skydiving.
have fun!

april said...

what a tease!!!! I was all ready for it, too! I know, doesn't it feel weird to have all your hair gone? I still have people asking me about that and it's been almost 2 months since I cut mine. Did you see my blog post about it? I (of course) had before and after pics, too.

Colleen said...

yay!!!!! i'm so proud of you!

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

You look beautiful from the back girl... I bet it's the same from the front ;)

xoxo
emine

michelle raMirez said...

skydiving and a new do.
what a great week!

EliseBlaha said...

your hair looks fantastic.
i want a face photo!!

Christal said...

You were so SO brave, What a great way to show the spunk you obviously have with the fun pictures of before and after on the haircut!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.