Thursday, May 31, 2007

Stupid Mirrors

Have you ever gone into a fitting room, and you just look better than normal?
Yeah, me either!

So, I'm in Nicole Miller last night.
Or maybe it was BCBG, who knows.
And I'm desperately looking for a dress.
And as I'm taking off my clothes to try on this GORGEOUS gown...
I just had to gasp in horror.
My stomach did not look like that a few years ago.
And my legs no longer look like runner's legs.
And man, do my arms look quite flabby.
Where did the firm, athletic, teenager body go?
Yes, its partially my fault that I have put on a lb. here and there.
But I feel like blaming it on those stupid store mirrors.
You know the ones I'm talking about.
The mirrors with super high intensity light.
The mirrors that show us every single flaw we don't want to ever see.
The flaws that we try to mask by getting dressed in the mornings as far away from a mirror as we possibly can.
Yes, those kind of stupid dressing room mirrors.

Needless to say, I did not find a dress.
Not because of the mirrors.
Not because I wasn't willing to pay for the $500 Vera Wang I fell in love with.
But because hunger set it. I was so hungry I had to leave.
And I wonder why I am not happy with the girl in the mirror....

2 comments:

Vee said...

girl, tell me about it!!
try looking in the mirror after 2 kids
ha!!!
but it is all good!!!
can't wait to hang out again :)

dani said...

yea, but it worst when they make you look better, cause then you get home and look like poo and think you gained 20 pounds in the course of an hour