Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Chicken Walk

So, my new thing is to get in shape. Yes, I've been running. Yes, I've been swimming. But, I have been (purposefully) neglecting part of the perfect workout equation....the gym! So, on Monday, I decided I needed some tough love. So, I kicked my own ass at the gym. I did so many lunges and squats that my legs felt like Jell-O and I barely walked out of there without assistance. I did like 75 calf raises with 100lb weights. I did that machine I hate, the leg extension one....man, that machine BURNS worse shampoo in the eyes. I even did the leg press. But not the girly leg press, the manly one. The one on the side of the gym where you see the guys grunting as if they are about to poop their pants. The side of the gym where guys are checking themselves out in the mirror, all while spotting their best friend bench 500lbs. Yep, that side of the gym. I'm not scared of those big muscle men with little you know whats. So, back to my point. Not only did I do a leg workout for an hour, but then I decided to push myself even more and do the Abs Class. Big Mistake. 30 minutes later I had to ask some old man to help me off the ground. Now, here I am, two days later, and I sore beyond belief. I look like a chicken when I walk. My ass is sticking out, my chest is kinda leaned in (because my abs are too sore to straighten out) and my legs are so sore that I have to take itty bitty awkward looking steps. Its quite embarrasing, really. But, then again, I love being sore. Its bittersweet. And even though I can barely walk....I'm heading to the gym at 5:00. Wish me luck...I'm going to need it.

7 comments:

erika said...

dude, grunting muscle boys are so intimidating.. even if they are lacking in the nads! snaps for going over there; the manly leg press is way better anyway.

Melissa said...

this is my first time on your blog and lovin it-especially your layout eye candy ;)

props to you for going over to the muscle boy section of the gym..I still haven't ventured over there. but I can totally relate to being super sore and walking crazy-isn't it the best, lol.

Vee said...

i hate it when they make all that noise while lifting weights!
i love the guy side with the exception of the grunting and smell
lol
i need to get my tukus in high gear!
you are inspiring :)

jill said...

That was soo me a couple of days ago. I decided to do squats for the first time in years. It was bad. Plus, my condo is on the third floor. The stairs killed me!

Unknown said...

LOL, i totally know the feeling. i usually feel like that after cardio kickboxing. i wish i could see you and your chicken walk! haha

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

Aw good luck girl ;)
Please be a little gentle to yourself..

xoxo
Emine

EliseBlaha said...

you are so right about the soreness being bittersweet.
good luck with the workouts!!