Friday, May 18, 2007

Can you smell the weekend?

I know I can.
So close. Yet so far.
To me, the weekend means:
Freedom from work.
Sunshine and fresh air.
Family and friends.
BBQs on Sunday.
Long runs around Burke Lake.
Laughing so hard I cackle.
Scrapbooking Time.
Bike rides with my nerdy helmet.
Making breakfast with Matty.
Swim practice at a decent hour.
Cat naps on the couch.
Late lunches and even later dinners.
Pedicures and beer runs.
Reading and Italian homework.
Target, Coscto, and Bloom.
And just simply stated,
Freedom from the ordinary.

And of course, drinking, dancing, and acting awesomely cool with friends. As such.
Have a great weekend everybody! I know mine will be filled with scrappy time, and I can't effing wait! Rock on, my lady friends, rock on!


3 comments:

staceyfike said...

viva la weekend!!

Vee said...

yes, it's friday!!
I love love this post.
we have to hand out one weekend!
get your party on, girl ;)

Shelly Brewer said...

Love the weekend. Have fun..love the comment about your nerdy helmet!!