Monday, April 09, 2007

Family Fun

Friday 8:30 - A group dinner at Peking Gourmet Inn, where we had the most fabulous Duck ever. Seriously, if you are from the DC area and have not eaten here, then must eat there today. At the latest, tomorrow. It is just THAT good. I am drooling just thinking about it.

Saturday 4:00 - Lunner (late lunch/early dinner) at my parents house. We had chicharon, mote, and papas cocidas. Very Bolivian. Very tasty.

Saturday 8:00 - Mass for little cousin Mayra's confirmation. We were told it started at 8:00. We get there at 7:45. It didn't start until 8:30. By 10:30, I was about to kill someone. At least I found some amusement around me. A fat 8 year old girl who was singing Alleluia in the funniest of ways. A 2 year girl who bitch slapped her mom right in the face (and her mom let her get away with it). And lady who was wearing a high waist belt with the belt buckle on her back. Can we just say fashion victim? Just because the back of the belt has a semi-cute design, doesn't mean you put the buckle on your ass and show up the tacky pattern on the front. Lady...Jesus will forgive you. Luckily I left at the two hour mark because the mass lasted until 11:40. Those who stayed until the end probably have a guaranteed seat in heaven.

Saturday 10:30 - Cosmic Bowling. Oh so much fun! First round, I sucked. Second round, I bowled a 220. Sick, right?

Sunday 11:00 - We weren't forced to go to church like most years. My mom said that the 4 hour mass from Saturday would suffice.

Sunday 12:30 - Brunch at my Aunts. Deliciousness. And then sad goodbyes.

Pictures to follow....Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments: