Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Belated April Fools

So here is how it went. Well first let me preface by telling my fellow readers, who don't know my family life, that my older brother (Mauricio) is in a wheelchair. And my parents were in Vegas this past weekend and so I was in charge of the house. And so my dad calls me up on Sunday (April 1) and the conversation goes something like this:

Dad: Hey, Nat, how are things at home?
Me: Oh, dad, not good!
Dad: (super concerned voice) What? Why? What happened?
Me: Well, dad, Mauricio fell out of his wheelchair and really hurt himself.
Dad: WHHHHAAAAAAAATTTT!?!?!?!?!? (begins freaking out)
Me: Hahaha. April Fools!!!
Dad: Bwahahahahahah. (Starts laughing hysterically. Calls over to my mom, tells her the story, and then I can hear her chuckling in the background).
Me: (of course I'm laughing because I think I'm soooo funny.)
Dad: Good one, Nat!

And then, of course, kharma kicks in. And Matt plays a pretty nasty April Fools joke on me later on that night. It was hilarious. You had to be there. Ok, that is all for now. Back to this shitty job of mine. Oh, did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? The Pajama lady. The former Microsoft guy with the hundreds of libraries in Nepal. Inspiring. Totally changed my life. Seriously. Ok, back to worthless corporate world.

No comments: