Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ode to Weddings

So, Matt and I went to wedding on Saturday.
The ceremony was by far the shortest one I have ever been to.
Which made me happy.
Long ceremony = big bore.
And I cried a little when the bride came out.
Even though I had only met her twice.
And usually I would blame it on the whole wedding bliss happiness thing.
But lately, I've just been so crazy emotional.
Like, I cried a when I saw a commercial for dogs that needed to be adopted.
And then cried when some cute doggy got best in show on Animal Planet.
What?? I was just excited for his doggy achievements, ok!
And then shed a tear because Matt said he wanted to marry me one day.
Ok, so that one deserves a tear or two.
But, still. The point is: I've been emotional.
Anyways, back to the point.
So, we sit down at Table #9 for dinner.
And we sit next to this other couple.
And we're polite and friendly.
So we introduce ourselves.
And the story goes a little something like this.

My Matt: Hi, I'm Matt.
Guy Next to him: Oh, Hi, I'm also Matt.
My Matt: Huh, that's funny.
Other Matt: This is my wife, Natalie
My Matt: Um, this is my girlfriend, Natalie.

Then we all look at each other and laugh.
How freaking wierd is that?!?!?
What are the odds.
I almost asked him if their friends call them Mattalie too.
But then I thought they would think we were wierd.
Ok, back to work. Hope you enjoyed my silly story.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahhaha great story! what a coincidence!

mary h. said...

That is such a funny story!

erika said...

haha, there might be too mattalie's out there! thats awesome.. you guys have a twin! anyways, i just wanted to let you know that the commercial about puppies needing to be adopted makes me all cry-baby like too so maybe the random crybaby nonsense is hereditary.. although mom is kind of a badass... damn, my hypothesis sucked.