Monday, February 05, 2007

Champions of the Wooorrlllddd!

So, let me just say that I love the Superbowl.
I la-la-la LOVE it.
I love the excitement of game.
The yummy, yet, fatty foods that are involved.
For me it was nachos, eight layer dip, and Hellavu/Cool Ranch combo.
So much for my "eat healthy" resolution.
Anyways, and like most Americans...
I LOVE the commercials.
My favorite: The manly Snickers kiss.
Ohh, and maybe the Taco Bell Lions.
Caarrrrrrrrne Asada.
Ok, so the Colts won.
And that makes me happy!
Not like I've been a Colts fan all my life.
I just totally jumped on the bandwagon.

So, I have a story to tell.
You see, there is an Amish market right next to my gym
And last week (for the first time this year) I put my $45 gym membership to good use.
So, I do my thang, run for 45 minutes or so.
And man was I struggling.
I felt like each one of my legs weighed about 150lbs each.
I was totally THAT girl.
The girl that looked like she had never run a day in her life.
Anyways, I'm getting off point.
So, I leave the gym, and I'm driving.
Tu-Tu-Duuuu. I'm driving.
And out of NOWHERE comes an Amish girl.
Running as fast as she can, from behind this HUGE garbage disposal thing.
And of course I can't stop in time.
And I hit the Amish girl, head on with my car.
I mean, I hit the brakes, so it wasn't a bad hit, per se.
But, it was still a hit. Strike to the abdomen!
And she just stood there.
Like a deer in headlights.
Probably from the shock.
Maybe from the pain.
And then she ran off.
I guess she likes running.
And her Amish friends were waiting for her across the street.
And she got in the car and they drove off.
I guess they don't teach Amish people to look both ways before crossing the street.
Or if they do it probably goes like:
"Look both ways, before crossing a dirt road, or else a horse and buggy might run you over."
Who knows. But I'm still laughing about the whole situation.
Maybe I'm mean to laugh.
But she seemed ok.
And it was HER fault.
Thank god I wasn't driving at my usual speeds.
Otherwise you'd probably be reading about me in the Sunday post.

Other weekend updates.
I played the Wii with Michelle and Mayra.
Even got my Tio Carlos to play.
Daniela got her wisdom teeth out, ouch!
My cat Louie sleeps on his back.
I finished my Argentina mini-book.
And I'm almost done with my "You Think You Know Me" book.
Matt was sick, but still managed to cook up some Superbowl yummies.
And I did not work out.
So that is all my little chickens.
Peace, Love, and Scrapiness!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahhh! i loved that commercial too! "carrrrrne asada" i also liked the one w/ "well said mr. turkeyneck"