Thursday, December 06, 2007

Untitled

I don't even know where to begin. I really don't. But I'll try to get this out in the best way I can.

I lost someone very dear to me 6 days ago. She was my second mother. She raised me. She was there when my mom and dad were working. She was there to pick me up from the bus stop and take me to ballet. She was full of jokes, and songs, and sayings, and a million stories. She has been there my ENTIRE life. Every. Single. Day. Since birth. Not many people can say they have that kind of relationship with a grandparent. But I can. And I have been so LUCKY to have had her in my life for the last 25 years. I miss her more than any words could ever describe. But I know she is in a better place. And that is the only thought that has kept me going.

I have to say thank you to everyone who has been there for me. From the cards, to the emails, to the flowers, and most importantly, the shoulders to cry on. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I promise the next post won't be so sad. Just had to get it out.

17 comments:

quietly going mad... said...

Oh Natalie I am so sorry! I am here if you need me, just call! Take care sweetie!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know you must be in a haze right now and not much will make you feel better, but my thoughts are with you.
I lost my sister earlier this year, and if there is any bright spot to that, I feel like I can empathize with other people's loss better than I could before. I know that is sucks right now for you and again, I am sorry for your loss and wish you well.

ali mclaughlin said...

So sad to hear that Natalie! Hugs!!!

michelle raMirez said...

i am so sorry for your loss.
this stuff is never easy.
You will be in my thoughts sweet girl.

Tina said...

(((hugs)))

miss morgan... said...

..::huggers::..

Anonymous said...

Your grandmother was one of the nicest & sweetest people I've ever met. I am sure you will miss her terribly, and I hope that the fond memories you have you'll treasure forever. Believe it or not I still to this day remember the last phone call I had with my grandmother. I was 3.5 when she died. I've treasured that memory for the past 27.5 years of my life. Our thoughts are with you.

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Nat, I had no idea... Here is a BIG HUG from me to you.
How amazing that you got to have someone like her in your life.

As long as you love and remember her she will be with you.

Be strong and have faith, my dear, dear friend .

staceyfike said...

i'm so sorry.
if you need anything.
anything.
let me know.

EliseBlaha said...

oh love.
so sorry.
you are right...

she is in a good place.

praying for you and your family.

Rhi said...

i'm so sorry to hear this.
hoping for peace for you and your family x

Colleen said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
I am so very sorry for your loss

Vee said...

(((hugs)))

kristina contes said...

love you mama

kristina contes said...

did you buy lush yummies?? i feel like my scrubbie bar is almost done already.

Heather said...

Sooo sorry for your loss! Big hugs all the way from NJ for you!
{{{hugs}}}
Heather

Silvitanova said...

So sorry,a Big hug!