Thursday, August 16, 2007

If you really want to piss me off...

Do one of the following things. We all have pet peeves. Here are some of mine.

1. Slow Drivers - If you're going to drive slow, just do me a favor? Get the fuck out the left lane!! It's not called the "passing" lane for no reason. I can't stand it when someone is in the left lane going ridiculously below the speed limit. And then you flash your lights at them, and they either don't understand your polite gesture, or get pissed off that you are bringing it to their attention that they suck at life. You want to drive slow, asshole? FINE. Just get over to the right and please get out of the way!

2. Driving while on your cell phone - Ok, another car related annoyance of mine. Many of the people that are driving like idiots are these cell phone talking people. People - get an earpiece! How hard is that? I swear some law needs to get passed about this. Its not only annoying. It's really dangerous.

3. Dirty Bathrooms - Ok, so most public bathrooms are a nightmare. But, the ones that really irk me are bathrooms that shouldn't be a disaster. Like, my office building bathrooms, for example. I mean, hello people!! We are all professional adults here. Not 3 year old children. The last thing I want to see in a work environment is pee all over the seat. Grow up people! And learn some manners while you're at it.

4. Rude, Inconsiderate People - I can't stand it when you hold the door out for someone and they don't say thank you. When that happens to me I always want to give them a piece of my mind. But, then, I'd be the rude person.

5. Lazy Elevator People - I hate it when you get on an elevator and there is someone who is just going up ONE floor. Especially when it would have been 3 times faster, and 20 times healthier, to take the stairs. Elevators are meant for the handicapped. Or for when you're going up the 90 floors of the John Hancock building. I don't know why this really irks me but it does. Maybe because so many people complain about their weight and they aren't even doing the smallest things that could help their health.

6. (some, not all) Celebrity Spending- Dude, I totally acknowledge the fact that they work hard and deserve all their money. But, when there are millions of children going to bed hungry every night, how can they be so financially irresponsible? Is it really necessary to have 6 cars, 2 motorcyles, 3 houses, flat screen tvs in your bathroom, and closets and closets full of clothes? All I know is that if I ever have half the money they have I will do a lot of good with it. Yes, I will treat myself right, but I will always think of the others who are not as lucky. I grew up with this mentality.

Man, I had a lot to say. I hope this post didn't bore you guys. I'd love to hear your thoughts on all this. And what gets under your skin? Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Vee said...

totally agree girl!!
how about people passing you to not even getting 10 feet to make a turn or not waving thank you when you let them over because you let them over and they KNOW the lane ends
okay, that felt better, some built up commuter aggression.
lol
i don't get having 6 cars and 50 houses when you can only live in or drive one at a time

chat you later :)

Shelly Brewer said...

Nat...you are annoyed chica...and I agree with most stuff! Especially rich celebrities and slow drivers.

staceyfike said...

i. cannot. tell. you. how many times a week on the way to work i end up yelling "SPEED UP OR GET OVER DUMBASS!!!"

Anonymous said...

Okay so this list just made me laugh....because I pretty much agree with you. Btw..in Cali they just passed a law that will go into effect in 2008 regarding cell phones and driving. I also hate people who do their makeup in their car. oh and the people who don't say thank you when I hold the door open for them....I say "Your welcome" really loud. Oh and the people who use an elevator when they don't need to?? Yeah, I had that happen a whole bunch at the mall. Now I have a stroller and I can't use the escalator...these people just didn't want to walk....LAZY!

Oh (LOL) and I totally hear you on Celebrity spending. I have been overseas to see some of the saddest and most disturbing sights when it comes to the poor...and it makes me really irritated to see celebrities have 10 cars etc. I think there is a good chance that if celebrities gave up a good portion of their income to help the hungry...we would end poverty. Hmmmm? They make more money than the president!!!!

Thanks for sharing and sorry for the long comment!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

LOVE THIS!