Wednesday, June 27, 2007

When You're Feeling Unmotivated & Lazy...Sign Up for a Triathlon

So, here is how it started.

I started going back to swim practice last week after a 3 week hiatus. I got placed in a swim lane with 4 triathletes. They were strong, healthy, determined, physically fit, and so motivating. I've always wanted to do a Triathlon and they really got me thinking....

So yesterday, I stumble across 43 Things and totally fell in love with the site. So I signed up, and added "complete a triathlon" to my list of things I wanted to do. Then, it totally hit me this morning. I said to myself "Stop saying you're going to do things! Just shut up and DO THEM!" Good self advice, right? So, I went to the USA Triathlon website, followed by TriFind, and searched for Sprint Triathlons in the area. And I found the most perfect one....so I signed up!! Ahhhh, can you believe it? I'm going to participate in my very first Triathlon. Matt is being so supportive. He has done 3 triathlons before and he also decided to sign up! I couldn't be happier right now. I hope this really gets my ass going and keeps me motivated. Dude, I'm going to be a triathlete! How effing cool is that? I am loving life today.

Thanks to everyone who left comments for the RAK! I have to make an small edit...I will post the winner TOMORROW morning. Not Friday! I want to be able to ship out the package before I leave for Chicago! Ok, so check back then to see who gets all the BG goodies.

5 comments:

Marc said...

I think thats awesome! Triathlons sound so much fun! I need to get my lazy butt back into shape!

Vee said...

that is so awesome Nat
-you go girl!!
you are going to be so ripped!! :)
so cool that you and Matt have the same interests. :)
can't wait to hear more about it and thanks for the link to the 43things, very cooL!

RachelDenbow said...

My brother does Tri's and marathons with my dad and I've always thought I should give one a try but I've never followed through so I'm so proud of you signing up for one! My advice is...if you're swimming in a lake, don't forget to find a wetsuit. My brother's first sprint taught him the value of staying warm in the water.
How do you like your new hairdo? Does it feel like normal now? Love the LO below, too. Scrapjacked is one of my favs to check for inspiration. Thanks for the last post on my blog!

Shelly Brewer said...

I couldn't do a tri..I love running, but hate biking..the swimming would be ok. I'm so happy that you decided to do it!!

Unknown said...

Nat! you are so awesome! i am so proud of you...and will be even prouder when you finish. you will have to get me to start running so i can be a triathlete too...i've got the swimming and biking thing down...haha ;)