Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What's in a name?

I got to thinking about nicknames today.
I think nicknames are an awesome thing.
Sometimes nicknames even replace our real names.
Like I have this friend, who is actually more of a friend of a friend.
And she goes by Cricket.
That's it. Just Cricket.
And I love that. Too cute.
In my family, we have tons of nicknames.
Erika is Babish. Dad gave her that one.
Mauricio is either Mo, Mauroy, Mauroy2k,
Or more recently baptized Cagon2k.
Mauricio will call my mom Rockefeller.
(Who knows where he got that from)
And Erika and I nicknamed the cat Fatty.
And Louie is nicknamed Goobie.
My cousin Marcelo goes by Chubi.
And as for me, most people just call me Nat.
Sometimes Natty. Or Nattielyte.
Sohale used to call me Zero.
Because back then I was a size 0.
And when I used to play highschool basketball
they called me Noodles.
Which was totally lame.
So, speaking of nicknames...

What are your nicknames?

P.S. Guess who didn't file their taxes last night because they were too drunk to type?
Yep, that would be me. Oops.

No comments: