Friday, January 12, 2007

Toro Toro

Toro Toro. A story through pictures.
It begins with 5 hours of off-roading...

And a few pit stops along the way...
And a road block about half-way through.
And so we had to take an even more scenic, and more dangerous route.And here are Erika and Danny stuck on the other side of the river.
And the river was high, so we sent Diego to test out the waters.
But we finally made it. So Erika and I rejoiced!
And I decided to climb a tree. And I looked like a boy while doing so.
And we climbed some mountain and I took a picture of my cousins.
And we had to cross more rivers to get to El Vergel. And I met this boy along the way. A boy who had to walk 35km to get to his pueblo. Crazy!And then we got stuck in the mud and the boys had to act manly to get us out.And then Erika learned how to shoot a gun, for fun, not self-defense.And then our trip was over, but not before taking some awesome family pictures.

That, my friends, was my trip to Toro Toro in a nutshell. Now I have to get some work done. Because I've been a total slacker this week. And I leave for the airport at 2. So I don't have much time. But, a little birdie (the weatherman) told me that it's snowing in Vail. Today, tomorrow, and so on. This is music to my ears. It's going to be a good birthday! Be back Tuesday. Much love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! looks like you had some outdoor fun!!! and looks like your D80 fared well, too?!

Maria