Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Selfish Years

So, I have always been told that these are my selfish years. The years of my life where I should live it up and be selfish. Worry about myself. Do things for me. Look out for my best interests. Be concerned with my well being and do what makes me happy. They are called the 'selfish years' because one day there will be no time for selfishness. My life will revolve around other people. It won't be about just me anymore. It will be about my husband, and my kids, and all the responsibilities that come with. And for a while, I followed and agreed with this philosophy of the so-called 'selfish years'. But, I have recently changed my mind. I feel like being in this 'selfish' state of mind is depressing. There is only so much joy I can take from doing things that only benefit me. I like helping others. And I want to help in any way I can. I used to do more community service. I used to be more involved. Now, I feel like a complete degenerate that has so much to give, but has been to 'selfish' to do so. I think this is the time to give. Because according to this theory, I won't have much time to give later. So, my new thing is that I want to volunteer. I want to do something good. Because although I will hopefully be helping others, I know I will be the one who will benefit the most from the experience.

And to end on a scrappy note. Just a few LO's I did this weekend. Loving the "Uncle Sam" reference on the second page. Classic! Thanks for peeking! Adios people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love to see your new scrappies!! and you sooo need to do a page about your "selfish" years and include that journaling!