Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Work

Lately, I've been having such a hard time grasping the fact that I'm supposed to work for the rest of my life. Seriously...Am I supposed to sit in an office, crunch numbers, analyze, and make spreadsheets for the next 40 years of my life. Man, that sounds like such a waste of a life! I'm sorry but there has to be something better than all this. Its not that I'm lazy or that I don't like to work. It's just that I'm convinced that there has to be a job out there that I can enjoy. A job I can feel passionate about. A job where I feel like I have a purpose. A job that doesn't feel like a job! Currently, I just feel like I'm just one of many idiot monkey's just slaving myself to my worthless company. The problem is that I lack the motivation to be here. I no longer care if I'm productive. It's just sad how I've stopped caring about my job. But, I know I'm not alone.

I used to have no problem waking up at 5:30 to make the hour commute into work. And now that I live 7 minutes away, I can't even wake up at 8:00. Pathetic! Yet, I can somehow wake up on a Saturday morning at 4:30 AM to go snowboarding. Or even wake up at 6:00 AM like I did this past weekend to attend a Driver's Improvement Class. I mean, seriously, I can do that, but I can't wake up for work. Its because I totally dislike it here. I sit here and think about the many other things I could be doing. I surf blogs and I dream of having other people's jobs. The fun jobs. The ones where I could use my creative brain. So, instead of being a complainer, I'm going to do something about it. Here's to finding my dream job!!!!!

Ok, on a lighter, happier note...I am finally posting the "Twins" page I made last weekend. YAY! Hope you like it as much as I do. More to come soon. Going to start making my Russia book this weekend. Thats going to be quite a challenge. Too many pictures, not enough time! Ahh!

No comments: