Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Summer of 1996


The summer before my freshman year of higschool, I decided to try out for drill team. But I was a little shy back then (yeah I know, hard to believe right?) so I asked my very best friend Molly (with absolutely no dancing experience) to try out with me. To this day, I still can't believe she did it with me. And because she was there I didn't take it too seriously. During the tryouts not only did we forget the dance moves, but we would just stop and laugh every few seconds (which totally pissed off the girls who were so dead serious about the whole thing). So needless to say, we didn't make drill team. These pictures are from a sleepover two years ago and now that I stumbled across them I feel the need to scrap them immediately. Because this story makes me LOL every single time. Molly, if you're reading this...you are the absolute best for doing that with me eleven years ago. Thanks for always holding my hand when we were kids. Love you.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is sooo sweet! Great friends like that are hard to find;-)

Unknown said...

Love this--can't wait to see your layout!

xoxo,
Becca

Vee said...

so SWEET!!! great friends are the best! :)

miss morgan... said...

haha. sooo hilarious! scrap it lady! what's halfway between here and there? i'm going through withdrawel!!!

Nicole Carro said...

Such a cute story - have a great time scrapping those. I have so wanted to scrap my high school pics, just haven't yet. We should do a retro weekend!

Bethany E. said...

I totally have a story similar to that...how sweet and lucky you are to have such a good friend (and so is she!)

erin said...

how fun! girlfriends are the BEST! can't wait to see your creation:)

Anonymous said...

So sweet, but than again that's what friends are for :)

Breanne Crawford said...

aww!! what an awesome friend!

can you teach me to dance while you're in a teaching mode ? ;)