Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Aaahhh, Freak Out!

So I get a phone call from the boy at precisely 10:52 pm last night. He is on his way home and says he has a surprise for me. So I'm getting all excited, thinking its either a new furry animal to add to our family, or better yet some delicious ice cream from Cold Stone. But alas...

He goes: "So, I didn't want to tell you, but I got a haircut."

So I start slightly freaking out because I love, I mean LOVE, his long curly hair.

He goes: "Actually, I didn't like the haircut that Mike (his hairdresser dude) gave me, so I started cutting it myself when I got home!"

Now I really start freaking out! And all I can say is WTF like 32 times. Especially since we have a wedding to go to on Saturday, people.

Long story short I didn't see his hair until this morning when I got home from swim practice. I saw him all curled up under the sheets, with his new haircut, and I really think I fell in love with him all over again (as corny as that sounds!). He looked adorable with his new short hair. Seriously, the cutest I have ever seen him. So, I did what any other good scrapbooker would do. I woke him up to take his picture! Mind you, it was about 6:45am. He's such a good sport. These probably aren't the best pics. And I definitely did not edit a single one. But you get the idea. And he totally has the Euro Mullet haircut now. And you know I'm all about the Euros.

This is the part where I told to him to really open his eyes.

And then I realized that he is wearing his Lake Braddock gym uniform from 7th grade! Dude, I was like whoa! I have no idea how that still fits him.


The week is halfway over people. Keep your heads up and stay in the game. I'm out.

4 comments:

Vee said...

love his new cut!!
love his wavy hair
so funny you woke him up-true scrapper
uhm...I beat Marc to the first post :)

Bethany E. said...

Wow...didn't see his before picture, but his hair looks cute! What a sweetie to get up that early and let you take pictures of him! My hubby would NEVER do that! :)

Unknown said...

Ha Ha that's frickin hilarious! What a sport. Don't you just love morning pics?! I guess just of other people :-)

Melissa said...

his haircut is super cute! and what a sweetie to wake up just so you could take pics, they are too funny.