Monday, October 29, 2007

The Recap

So, I'm back. I spent one full week and the city and loved every minute of it. I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria, which was bad ass. But I doubt I'll ever stay there again. Not because I didn't like it, but because I can only afford that place on the company dime.

Anyways, let's talk about food for a second. Because nothing makes me happier than discovering new places to eat. First, I discovered the best bagel place EVER on 51st and 3rd. Then, my dad and I went to Shun Lee Palace for some authentic Chinese food. And it was fantastic. Then, Monday night I met up with these fabulous ladies for pate, oysters, steak tartare at Pastis. And yes the food was amazing, but hanging with these girls (and yes Chloe Rose counts) made the experience 100x better.


Matt came up on Friday and we had lunch at Tao. I had the seabass and I ate the whole thing with chopsticks, which made my little asian proud. =)

I ate in Hoboken a few times with Matt and his brother. I highly recommend Robongi for some sushi and surf and turf terriaki. And Benny Tudino's for some breakfast pizza on Sunday mornings.

I found this place. Tiny place, but stamps everywhere. Loved it.


We also accidentally stumbled across Magnolia Bakery, but the line was so long that we decided not to wait. Now I'm totally regretting it. I also went to Purl and and almost bought out the entire store. I got so inspired that I have decided to start sewing again. Yep, you heard right. Not like I don't have enough hobbies already. I'm sure you can guess how Matt took the news. He wasn't very happy to hear that a sewing machine and tons of fabric will soon invade more of our tiny 690 sq ft apartment.

Anyways, that's it. Back to reality now. And back to work.

10 comments:

Vee said...

love your NYC recap. girl, i wasn't that impressed with magnolia bakery so don't sweat it. I love your new colors on your blog. can't wait to go there in Nov. ;)woot!!! :)

Anonymous said...

"Discovered" the best bagel place ever??!? Hmmph. You should tell your blogosphere how you REALLY stumbled upon Ess-A-Bagel. PWNT.

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! Can't wait to see the sewing creations...

miss morgan... said...

awww so psyched you had fun the rest of your time there! can't wait to get the rest of our pics! and i'm totally jeals that you made it to the ink pad! perhaps we'll get there when you and vee come up at the end of november!

Anonymous said...

Sewing is so much fun!! I'm sewing for soon to arrive bundle of joy. Just little things like blankets and stuff but you can get stuff so much cheaper!! My Singer Sewing machine is out because I worked on my Halloween costume this past weekend!

Anne Thompson said...

Dude, I am sooo hungry now! And that's too bad about the Magnolia Bakery, I am sure their stuff is delish. I made my daughters birthday cake with their buttercream recipe and it was incredible!

quietly going mad... said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! I am so jealous. I am dying to go to that fabric store and the ink pad! Can't wait to see what you sew!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

How cool, Nat!! Can I come next time???? :)

Tina said...

lucky! looks like you had a fab time....except for that nasty spill. ;)

Happy Halloween!

Rhi said...

i'm bookmarking this entry!
i'm heading to NY for a few days next year, and nice food places are aaaalways good to know ;)
hotel recomends are good too. ha.