Monday, July 02, 2007

Love for Chi-Town

Chicago was awesome. I got to see my very good friend Jodi on Thursday. Friday was a day full of shopping and the rehearsal dinner. And Saturday was the big day for Heidi and Alex. Their wedding was fabulous! It was exactly how I'd want my wedding to be. But, lucky for my daddy (and his wallet), I don't want a wedding. Every last detail was perfect. The location was beautiful. I even liked the bridesmaid dresses and for me to say that is HUGE. Heidi was stunning. Her dress was perfect. She looked so incredibly happy, and Alex did too. So happy for them. Here is a weekend recap through pics.

First, me and Jamie at a bar next to the church. We had a few cocktails before the reception. We had two hours to kill, so why not get little tispy!

Then, reunited with my boy. He was in the wedding party so I barely got to see him. Love this picture of us. Doesn't he look adorable in his penguin suit? And finally, everyone can see the hair from the front.

Matt and his boys. Second one from he left is the groom. And Matt's roomate through all 4 years of college. These guys get rowdy when they all get together.

Last, me with my air-mike. You know I can't help it when they play Bon Jovi! I love how Matt captures all the stupid moments on film. He's awesome like that.

Lastly, the oh-so-fattening, yet delicious cake. Man, it was GOOOOOD. Best cake ever. Seriously, this wedding was flawless. Very impressed.

There are obviously more pics, but by the end of the night I wasn't looking too hot. I think someone needs to remind me that I'm a girl, and that girls are supposed to wear makeup to formal events. I always think mascara will cut it but apparantly not. What can I say, I'm a simple girl. Plus, makeup makes you age faster.


Other Happy Things:


Kristina's kit is waiting for me at home.
Making plans to hopefully see my girl, Vee.
Fourth of July is my favorite holiday, ever!
Early dismissal from work on Tuesday.
Making plans to go on a weekend road trip.
Italian weekend classes in NYC.
Organic Lemonade from Whole Foods.
My girl Katie is home for the week.
My boss is not here today...splendid!
Nike + Ipod = Awesome.
Triathlon training begins today.
My vacation to DR is one month away!

9 comments:

Marc said...

No wedding?! for shame! weddings are so fun! Why dont you want a wedding? Well at least make you dad buy you a house like the dad did in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. If i had a choice between and wedding and a house I'd totally take the house :-P

Vee said...

love this post girl!!
love love love your hair
did I say love?! :)
yes, lets make it happen cap't :)
what nyc for a weekend, i want to come! :)
yeah for DR vaca :)
xo

Rachael said...

Looks like a blast!! The cake is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Very cute wedding pics! Also, good luck on your triathalon training! That's a long time goal of mine. . . Not for a while though;-)

amytangerine said...

chicago is my hometown! so glad you had fun there!

staceyfike said...

love the new hair and i SUPER love the bon jovi wannabe picture!!!

Unknown said...

aww nat, your hair looks so cute in that pic w/ matt. i love it :)

Melissa said...

looks like a fun wedding!-the cake is fab and so is your new hair ;)

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Great pics!! I'd love to go to Chicago... :)